Hawaii - December 1st & 2nd

December 1st. Once again we made our way over to the North Shore. This time we were heading 3 miles out to swim sharks. It was absolutely amazing! I think this was my favorite activity we did on this trip. We got there a little early so we watched the surfers and the big waves. We even caught a few sea turtles riding the waves. It reminded me of the turtles in Finding Nemo.

I was trying to take pictures of the beach, but our shadows were showing up in everything. So I decided to just take a picture of our shadows. I think it looks cool. (me, James, and his Dad) It almost looks like one of those cell phone commercials with the "more bars everywhere".

Once we got out to the shark cage, the sharks started swarming. It was a freaky sight. Look how blue and clear the water was.

Me and James getting into the shark cage.

James and his Dad watching the sharks.

We were within arms reach of a shark. If we wanted to (and were stupid enough) we could reach our hands through the bars, there was hardly anything between us and the sharks.

We got down with the shark cages at about 12:30. We headed into historic Haleiwa and ate lunch at Pizza Bob's. Then we found the famous Matsumoto's shaved ice place. I remember going here a few times as a little kid.After all this fun we headed back to the hotel to get cleaned up. We then went to Ala Moana Mall. I went to this mall a lot, but I don't remember too much of it. We sat and watched a christmas concert. I performed here a few times when I was in elementary school.


December 2nd. On tuesday we went to the Laie Temple and then spent the rest of the day at the Polynesian Cultural Center.
The temple grounds were beautiful, but I didn't see anything in Hawaii that wasn't beautiful.
At the Polynesian Cultural Center we watched a guy climb a coconut tree.

We watched the boat parade. Here are a few pictures. I took a ton of pictures of the parade. Everything was so colorful.


James and I at the Luau.

James' Mom and Dad at the Luau.

Comments

Kraucyk said…
Is that the "Jimmy-lingo" hut with his 10 cow woman? (definitely more than an 8 cow woman)

Popular Posts