Hawaii - December 3rd & 4th

December 3rd. This was a very relaxing day. I wanted to hike Diamond Head, so we did early that morning. I climbed this volcano many times on school field trips. I guess I didn't remember how hard of a climb it was! I don't think I will be doing that again. Here is a view of Waikiki from the top of Diamond Head.

After the hike, we went back to the hotel and put on our swim suits. We headed over to Hanuema bay again, but first we stopped and looked at the Blowhole. I don't think it was what we expected, but it was still very pretty.

The Hanuema Bay parking lot was full so we decided to do go back and snorkel at the beach by our hotel.

December 4th. James had been excited all week for this day. I made reservations for me, James, and his dad to sky dive (don't worry, I wound up staying safely on the ground). This vacation was all about confronting our fears.
James' Dad after getting strapped in.

James patiently waiting his turn. Their jump was bumped back because 3 military guys had just got off the boat and wanted to jump before their lunch break was over. So we gladly waited a little longer.

Here is a short video of James in the air. (please mute your computer, there might be a lot of cussing in the background). We paid to have a camera man follow James on his jump, but I haven't been able to figure out how to put that on here.

James landing.
His Dad landing.
James is in the middle of all the rope.
James and his Dad walking away after landing. No injuries!Jim receiving his jump certificate.Showing off their certificates.
After skydiving we drove through Haleiwa to the Dole Plantation. We did a little shopping and then had pineapple ice cream. I remember my parents taking us here a few times to get ice cream. I used to love it.

Comments

Kraucyk said…
So, did they get a free personal pan pizza with their certificate? I'd love to see Gary jump out of a plane... with a parachute. Oh, and LOVE the pineapple ice cream! So jealous!

Popular Posts